[Mediawiki-l] MediaWiki 1.7.1 Setup Keeps Going back to Config Page without errors

Zachary T. Wilson zwilson at umich.edu
Tue Sep 12 21:05:33 UTC 2006

Thanks Martin, unfortunately that left me in the same place. I don't
get what's wrong with this...no php errors, no mysql errors, nada!

Anybody else?

-Zach

MA> I had the same problem (see below). As the installation got as far as
MA> "created sysop account" I took a wild guess and commented out the next
MA> piece of the installation file, just to see what would happen:

MA> /*
MA> $titleobj = Title::newFromText( wfMsgNoDB( "mainpage" ) );
MA> $article = new Article( $titleobj );
$newid = $article->>insertOn( $wgDatabase );
MA> $revision = new Revision( array(
'page' =>> $newid,
'text' =>> wfMsg( 'mainpagetext' ) . "\n\n" . wfMsg( 'mainpagedocfooter' ),
'comment' =>> '',
'user' =>> 0,
'user_text' =>> 'MediaWiki default',
MA> ) );
$revid = $revision->>insertOn( $wgDatabase );
$article->>updateRevisionOn( $wgDatabase, $revision );