[Mediawiki-l] When and how {{NUMBEROFPAGES}} calculates results

Šerých Jakub Serych at panska.cz
Tue Sep 12 06:36:15 UTC 2006

I'm little bit confused by the {{NUMBEROFPAGES}} variable. When I insert it
to article on my MediaWiki server, it shows much less pages, then there is in
reality. When I add new article, it is not updated (it is not problem of
cached page).

Does anybody know how it calculates # of pages, how to refresh it and if it
is possible calculate atricle numbers separately in each namespace?

Thanks for any help

(MW which was moved from the old server to the new one and updated from MW
1.6.8 to MW 1.7 at the same time)

Jakub