[Mediawiki-l] localsettings.php not generated

Gabe Stein gabe at ghscommunications.com
Sun Sep 10 01:11:22 UTC 2006

Hi,

I'm installing a mediawiki in an environment with MySQL and PHP 5.0.4.

I've tried several times to install, but have not been able to. For
this latest test, I chmodded every file in the wiki directory to 777,
just to see if I could get localsettings to generate. After
configuring the install, the only file in config is the index.php
file. There are no error messages - infact, it says the installation
is successful.

The only other relevant information I can think of is that the wiki
folder is two levels out of the root web directory, in /home/user/
public_html/bspgame/wiki. However, the config file reports the
correct paths.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Gabe Stein