[Mediawiki-l] Frequent Logout Issue

Tim Doyle tim at greenscourt.com
Fri Sep 8 14:23:54 UTC 2006

A user of a wiki that I manage reported that during a half hour period, she
found herself logged out and had to log in again. She did not view the
logout screen - she just realized that she could no longer edit and realized
that she wasn't logged in. She has not had this problem before, and the
problem appears to have gone away now. She connects via wireless in her
office.

Does anyone have any idea of what might have caused this? Could she have
been having dropped connections on her wireless? Is the IP address stored in
the token or session cookies?

Any information to help me understand this would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

Tim Doyle