[Mediawiki-l] Problem with <math> support

Šerých Jakub Serych at panska.cz
Mon Sep 4 11:45:50 UTC 2006

Hi,
I have installed mediawiki (version 1.6.8) on Debian 3.1. Afterwords I succeded to install <math> support.

It is perfectly working with simple formulas (both conversions to png and html), but it has problem with parsing more difficult formulas for example:

<math> U_{out} =\begin{cases} U_{S+} & \mbox{if } U_+ > U_- \\ U_{S-} & \mbox{if }  U_+ < U_-\end{cases}</math>

I tried to copy formulas, which are working on Wikipedia to sandbox on my server to avoid syntactical errors and it says (in red color) that it cannot understand it.

I would like to ask which component is responsible for parsing the math language and which version I have to install to completely understand the wikipedia math syntax.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Jakub

P.S.  I just subscribed myself to this list and the first mail had problem vith delivery, so I'm sending it for the second time.
So I apologise in advance if the same mail comes 2 times.