[Mediawiki-l] page cache

jdd jdd at dodin.org
Mon Sep 4 09:38:34 UTC 2006

Hello :-)

I just notice a somewhat curious feature, I would like to
know if this is the default behavior or if it's given by
some local (that is on this special wiki) setup.

I have on my page several 'dynamic' links like
{{Special:Recentchanges/5}}

When I'm logged these links displays what they are supposed
to :-) (five lines of the recent change special page)

When I'm _not_ (yet) logged in, I see the page in the state
it was the last time I _edited_ the page (the recent changes
of one month ago, for example). This is a problem for people
that watch the page without loggin, they don't know they are
more recent things :-)

so, somewhere, the page is cached at edit time

any comment?
thanks
jdd
--