[Mediawiki-l] Excerpts - how to do them?

Henrik Lindberg glashammer at hotmail.com
Fri Sep 1 18:16:06 UTC 2006

Well, I solved it myself - wasn't that difficult using the ParserExtensions
like if, ifeq.
Here is an example that allows inclusion using different tags.

On a page called Test
<includeonly>
When including this page, this text is always included.
{{#ifeq:{{{tag}}}|foo| FOOTEXT HERE This text is included if this page is
included with the tag set to foo}}
{{#ifeq:{{{tag}}}|bar| BARTEXT HERE If tag is set to bar, then this text is
included}}
{{#if:{{{tag}}}| ALL TAGS This text is included if the tag is set to any
value except being blank | If not tagged, this text is shown.}}
This text is always included.
</includeonly>
<noinclude>
This is the normal text that is shown on the regular page. It is not
included anywhere.
</noinclude>
*EOF*

To include/trigger all the different variations on another page :
{{:Test|tag=foo}}
or
{{Test|tag=bar}}
or