[Mediawiki-l] Excerpts - how to do them?

Henrik Lindberg glashammer at hotmail.com
Fri Sep 1 15:11:28 UTC 2006

Hi, I would like to be able to include/transclude an excerpt from a page.
Can anyone suggest how to do this with MediaWiki?

I have been thinking about several things:
- set up a separate name space like Talk, and associate and place each
  excerpt as a subpage to a page's excerpt page
 - transclude a section, sort of like how Edit of a section works
 - add new tags and hooks
 - use noinclude and includeonly in a clever way using macros

 Has anyone done something like this, and care to share some experiences?

 Thanks
 - henrik