[Mediawiki-l] MS SQL support

George Herbert george.herbert at gmail.com
Tue Oct 31 01:54:59 UTC 2006

On 10/30/06, Andrew Lowe <andrew.lowe at quantm.net> wrote:
> DJ Bauch <dj.bauch at ...> writes:
>

> > A colleague and I are working on database support for Microsoft SQL 2000. I
> > will post information about our progress when there is some.
> >

>     Whilst you're working through this, any chance you could document the
> process in some form - a publicly available wiki, even a text file on a web
> site? I would like to add support for Firebird and rather than having to wade
> through the source code myself, it would be good if I could learn from those who
> have come before me.

I am still interested in getting the former Oracle support going
again; I think that a look at a stronger database abstraction layer
may help a lot in the long term.

Don't ask me for any help at the moment, though, I'm both in the
middle of the confused part of the learning curve on it, and ill.

--
-george william herbert
george.herbert at gmail.com