[Mediawiki-l] Multiple wikis using same directory

Luis Zarrabeitia kyrie at uh.cu
Mon Oct 30 18:49:51 UTC 2006

On Sunday 29 October 2006 15:15, Mauro do Carmo wrote:
> Thanks Zarrabeitia,
>
> So, if I understand this configuration allows us to use one folder with two
> different databases according to the url the user enter, right? My question
> is:
>
> 1) What is the advantage for this configuration?

Actually, the main advantage I see is that I don't have to
configure/change/personalize several different installations... only need to
keep one up to date. Joshua  Yeidel's suggestion seems incredibly atractive,
I'll look into that... anything to make maintenance easier :D.

> 2) What configuration the wikipedia uses for the different address it has?

I wish I knew. Good question! I look forward for the answer.

Cheers,

--
Luis Zarrabeitia
Fac. de Matemática y Computación, UH.