[Mediawiki-l] What is XAMPP actually for?

Richard Cooper richard at thoughtcat.com
Mon Oct 30 08:00:42 UTC 2006

I installed XAMPP whilst trying to set up a MediaWiki wiki on my website,
but I don't actually know what it's for. I found the instructions for
setting up my wiki quite confusing and I think I was looking at the wrong
page for what I wanted to do. It also seems to have slowed down my PC a
great deal. Can someone explain what XAMPP does so I can judge whether I
need to keep it or not, as if not I'd like to uninstall it.

Thanks
Richard
www.thoughtcat.com