[Mediawiki-l] Getting a re-direct link to the Original page

Eric K ek79501 at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 30 00:56:38 UTC 2006

My wiki requires a login. If I'm seeing an article and am not logged in and click any Edit link, it takes me to another page and says "you are not logged in". Then I login but I lose the link of the page I was seeing. It only gives me the option to go to the Main page.

  If we click Login directly, then it does give me a redirect to the page I was seeing. But I dont want to click "Login" first because that is not my first instinct when I want to edit an article. My first instinct and that of other people as well is to click "Edit".

  So my question is:

  If a user is not logged in, how do we create a redirect to the original page after the user has clicked the "Edit" link and has logged in? This redirect would be placed along the "Main page" link which is seen after the user has now logged in.

  thanks
  Eric