[Mediawiki-l] Multiple wikis using same directory

Luis Zarrabeitia kyrie at uh.cu
Fri Oct 27 16:39:54 UTC 2006

I hope you are not referring to my message "Mediawiki as a CMS." (I mean, what
I did there was a hack, and though it worked for my (en|es).wikipedia mirror,
I wouldn't exactly recommend it).

Still, if you are referring to my hack, here it is:

I installed a mediawiki in, for instance,
/var/www/sites/wiki
and pointed the en.wikipedia and the es.wikipedia virtualhosts to that folder.

On my localsettings.php,

==============
if ($_SERVER["HTTP_HOST"]=="es.wikipedia.uh.cu")
{
        $db_lang="es";
}
if ($_SERVER["HTTP_HOST"]=="en.wikipedia.uh.cu")
{
        $db_lang="en";
}

$wgDBserver         = "10.6.121.29";
$wgDBname           = "wiki";
$wgDBuser           = "wikipedia";
$wgDBpassword       = "wikipedia";
$wgDBprefix         = $db_lang;
$wgDBtype           = "mysql";
$wgDBport           = "5432";

(...)
$wgLanguageCode = $db_lang;
================

And that seems to work. (the ifs and the $db_lang variable were added by me).
There are some problems with the maintenance scripts in this setup (they
obviously don't define the _SERVER variable so they don't load the
configuration properly so I have to work around that)

But given my 0 expertise with mediawiki, I'm sure there is a better way to do
it :D

Cheers,

Zarrabeitia.

--