[Mediawiki-l] Gallery Icons

Alexis Moinet alexis.moinet at fpms.ac.be
Wed Oct 25 13:41:18 UTC 2006

Brion Vibber a écrit :
> Mr Scsi wrote:
>> In the 1.8.2 release on the Specialpage 'Gallery of new files', I have a
>> nice icon for pdf files, but doc, ppt, ....are blank images.
>>
>> The link to the files works just fine, but I would like to define an icon
>> for those file types.
>
> You'll see some .PNG images in skins/common/images/icons; make up
> appropriately-sized pictures and drop them in there named
> fileicon-doc.png, etc.
>
> You may have to purge the cache of existing pages to force them to
> re-render with the icons.
>
> -- brion vibber (brion @ pobox.com)

I had to modify the $wgTrustedMediaFormats array in Localsettings.php because some icon seem not to display if the format is not "trusted" (I don't know why)

for instance, the icon appears for .pdf files, but not for .txt, so I added text/plain to the $wgTrustedMediaFormats array and it works.

but I'd like to know whether it's dangerous to change this list of trusted formats ? (I added "text/plain" (.txt files) and "application/vnd.ms-powerpoint" (.ppt files) in the list)