[Mediawiki-l] Saving Edits Results In "can't establish a connection to the server at 127.0.0.1"

Brion Vibber brion at pobox.com
Wed Oct 25 07:18:58 UTC 2006

cjw wrote:
> I have been running MediaWiki for some time now and recently when users save
> edits to a page they get the error:
>
> can't establish a connection to the server at 127.0.0.1

MediaWiki is receiving the wrong server name from the web server
software, so its redirect links are going to the wrong place.

Fix the web server's configuration so that ServerName is correct, or
else set $wgServer manually in your LocalSettings.php such as:

$wgServer = 'http://example.com';

or

$wgServer = 'https://s3kr1t.example.com:12345';

-- brion vibber (brion @ pobox.com)