[Mediawiki-l] How can I moderate who registers?

Jan Steinman Jan at Bytesmiths.com
Mon Oct 23 20:54:34 UTC 2006

> From: Tim Ware <tim at hyperarts.com>
>
> Can I set up MediaWiki so that requests to register are sent to me so
> I can approve the registration?

I set one up so that people have to fill out a form (custom form mail
PHP code), which then sends an email to me, and I then enter them.
This is not bad if volume is low -- I enter no more than one or two a
week this way.

     http://www.EcoReality.org/wiki/Join

Be careful about downloading and installing common form mail
software, and about coding one yourself. Poorly coded forms enable
script injection. I log a half-dozen attempts a month.

:::: ECONOMIST: a person who, upon encountering an auditorium
containing 48,000 destitute, unemployed people and Bill Gates, says,
“On average, I see a room full of millionaires!” ::::
:::: Jan Steinman http://www.EcoReality.org ::::