[Mediawiki-l] configuring mediawiki to have /wiki/w/... urls

Jan Steinman Jan at Bytesmiths.com
Mon Oct 23 18:00:19 UTC 2006

> From: Tsahi Asher <tsahi_75 at yahoo.com>
>
> any idea if the instructions there are correct and complete? the
> discussion page lists all kinds of rewrite rules people added for
> this to work.

I find aliases to be much simpler than rewrite rules. For example:

         Alias /wiki/images /Library/WebServer/VeggieMog/wiki/images
         Alias /wiki/skins /Library/WebServer/VeggieMog/wiki/skins
         Alias /wiki/redirect.php /Library/WebServer/VeggieMog/wiki/
redirect.php
         Alias /wiki/index.php /Library/WebServer/VeggieMog/wiki/
index.php
         Alias /wiki /Library/WebServer/VeggieMog/wiki/index.php

:::: He who possesses art and science has religion; he who does not
possess them, needs religion. -- Göthe ::::
:::: Jan Steinman <http://www.VeggieVanGogh.com> ::::