[Mediawiki-l] Twiki or Wiki???

ApostateAmish at aol.com ApostateAmish at aol.com
Mon Oct 23 02:34:11 UTC 2006

In a message dated 10/22/2006 2:38:17 P.M. Pacific Standard Time,
nicholas_buttle at yahoo.com writes:

Overall  I'm happier with the mediawiki system than the
Twiki.  But I'm being  asked to investigate the Twiki
system as the powers that be think it will  be better
as a corporate knowledgebase (more control over user
access  and better suited to a categorised information
resource).  What I  would like to know is...

How much control can the admin exert over user  access
to pages?  ie can certain pages be locked down once
they  have been created?

And, can I create something with mediawiki that  has
the categorisation of the Twiki system?  I thought
about  modifying the navigate menu to correspond to the
'webs' menu on  twiki...

Any suggestions  welcome.

TIA

Nicholas
GroupWiki is a MediaWiki clone with extra control over user access.
Individuals and groups access can be controlled on a page-by-page basis.

_http://sourceforge.net/projects/groupwiki_
(http://sourceforge.net/projects/groupwiki)

Custom namespaces in recent release of mediawiki offer some improved  control
over broad categorization -- whether it is like Tikiwiki I can't  say.