[Mediawiki-l] WikiFeeds 0.4 Available -- Now with Caching

Gregory Szorc gregory.szorc at gmail.com
Sat Oct 21 00:01:15 UTC 2006

WikiFeeds version 0.4 is now available.

Major new features:

* Disk-based caching of feeds
* Ability to localize using MediaWiki messages interface

If you are not familar with WikiFeeds, it generates RSS and ATOM 1.0 feeds
not found in the default MediaWiki install, such as recent changes in a
category and user watchlists.

More info is available at http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/WikiFeeds

I plan to include private watchlist feed support in version 0.5.  Before
this happens, I'm trying to figure out the best way to do this.  I would
like to go with the private token approach.  For example,
http://en.wikipedia.org/w/Special:WikiFeeds/atom/watchlist/IndyGreg/token/0823hf082hf923hc923bc923bc723bc92397c32b.
However, I'm not sure how to generate and/or store the token.  Is the
user_token field in the user table safe to use for this purpose, or should I
generate something on my own?

If you have any issues, questions, or feature requests, please e-mail me at
the address below.

Gregory Szorc
gregory.szorc at gmail.com