[Mediawiki-l] Gallery Icons

Robert Leverington lcarsdata at googlemail.com
Thu Oct 19 06:13:39 UTC 2006

for PDF add this to MediaWiki:Commons.css in your wiki changing "FULL
URL OF IMAGE" to the actually URL of the image file (not the image
page) including the http:// part.

#bodyContent a[href$=".pdf"].external,
#bodyContent a[href*=".pdf?"].external,
#bodyContent a[href*=".pdf#"].external,
#bodyContent a[href$=".PDF"].external,
#bodyContent a[href*=".PDF?"].external,
#bodyContent a[href*=".PDF#"].external {
background: url(FULL URL OF IMAGE ) center right
no-repeat;padding-right: 16px;}

for doc, simply change all occurrences of pdf to the extension of your
choice (in exactly the same capitalisation used previously). Continue
doing this for all of them.

After doing so you may need to purge the MediaWiki:Common.css by
adding "?action=purge" to the end of the title.

Hope that helps.