[Mediawiki-l] Feature: "Email this page"

Eric K ek79501 at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 19 04:18:53 UTC 2006

Thank you all, but mail to link is a backup atleast. I was more looking for a way to use email in a form right from the wiki. That doesnt require Email setup on the local PC.

  What I want to ask then is: Is there a way to pass the pageURL variable to a hidden field of an HTML form? That will help. Then it'll be like the Clickability links of CNN.com, where pages can be emailed with the Link of the page already embedded in the email form.

  Brian is right though, this kind of thing could be used to spam, so a visual confirmation mod would help, but atleast I'll be on my way if I can get the HTML form thing going - along with passing the pageURL to the form ofcourse.

  Eric
  .

JTAutry <jtautry at yahoo.com> wrote:
  Not sure what magic words work with each versions, but this external hyperlink works in 1.7.1:

[mailto:?subject=Check%20this%20page%20out&body=You%20might%20be%20interested%20in%20this%20web%20page:%20{{fullurl:{{FULLPAGENAME}}}} Tell a friend]

Of course its still a bit sloppy not to have the email sent by the wiki's server, but still, it works right NOW! :)

Taylor