[Mediawiki-l] upgrade database

Mr Scsi mrscsi at gmail.com
Tue Oct 17 15:31:54 UTC 2006

I have an old installation 1.5.x that we are ready to upgrade to newer
version.
We have been testing on a new box that I copied the 1.5.x install to, then
went through the upgrade process and made changes to.

Since then I see the latest stable is 1.8.x. My question is:

When I upgrade the 'test' instance from 1.7.x to 1.8.x, how can I get the
data out of the MySQL on the 1.5.x instance upgraded to the 1.8.x?

Can I just copy the database tables to the new system and run an update
database script? (I'm not sure there is one)

Am I going about this the hard way?

Andy.