[Mediawiki-l] Upgrading

David_S_Green at Dell.com David_S_Green at Dell.com
Tue Oct 17 14:05:37 UTC 2006

Hello all,

I'm seeing a lot of back and forth about upgrading various versions of
MediaWiki to 1.8.2, etc, and I was wondering if there is a good overall
reference for the steps to take when upgrading? I figure I need to
upgrade soon, and would like to have something I can look at if
possible.

Also, one other question. Does anyone have a good working knowledge of
MySQL 5.0? I keep trying to access the control panel, and it tells me my
root password is invalid, but I thought there was NO root password, so I
can't figure out how to proceed.

Thanks all!
Dave