[Mediawiki-l] Antwort: Re: moving contents

christoph.huesler at css.ch christoph.huesler at css.ch
Tue Oct 17 13:59:48 UTC 2006

Hi Ricardo,

You are probably running mysql with a default encoding of utf-8. Try
changing it to latin1.

The reason for this error is, that mysql cannot store indexes longer than
1000 bytes.
When using latin1, everything is fine. But with utf-8, each character
needs 3 bytes,
which exceeds that limit.

hth

-- chris