[Mediawiki-l] Image Parser: Additional controls?

Eric K ek79501 at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 16 23:28:40 UTC 2006

Sometimes we want to align an image in different ways other than just left and right, e.g.: "baseline, top, middle, textop, absmiddle, absbottom"

  Also, it would be nice if I can specify a link for an image. I know I can do this using a DIV, but its hard to do it that way. If the link functionality was enabled, all I'd need to do is say:
  [[Image:Myimage.jpg|link=http://www.cnn.com]]
  And that would do it.

  Any pointers on how to add these additional functionalities into the Image parser?

  thanks
  Eric