[Mediawiki-l] install errors v1.8.1

Dougie Fresh pbass98 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 16 19:42:06 UTC 2006

Hi-- I have been encountering a consistent error when trying to install
mediawiki 1.8.1 on XP SP2. I unistalled and reinstalled my PHP, mySQL and
Apache and updated all files, and the error continues to occur. I also
dropped the wiki db to retry and disabled windows firewall, but that didn't
help. I have found several reports of other encountering this error, but
found no solution and nothing in the help pages regarding it.

Any help much appreciated. Error message below.

Checking environment...

*Please include all of the lines below when reporting installation problems.
*

   - PHP 5.1.6 installed
   - Found database drivers for: MySQL
   - PHP server API is apache2handler; ok, using pretty URLs (index.php
   /Page_Title)
   - Have XML / Latin1-UTF-8 conversion support.
   - PHP is configured with no memory_limit.
   - Have zlib support; enabling output compression.
   - Couldn't find Turck MMCache <http://turck-mmcache.sourceforge.net/>,
   eAccelerator <http://eaccelerator.sourceforge.net/> or
APC<http://www.php.net/apc>.
   Object caching functions cannot be used.
   - GNU diff3 not found.
   - Found GD graphics library built-in, image thumbnailing will be
   enabled if you enable uploads.
   - Installation directory: C:\Program Files\xampp\htdocs\wikitest
   - Script URI path: /wikitest
   - Environment checked. You can install MediaWiki.
   - Warning: $wgSecretKey key is insecure, generated with mt_rand().
   Consider changing it manually.

   *Generating configuration file...*
   - Database type: MySQL
   - Attempting to connect to database server as root...success.
   - Connected to 5.0.24a-community-nt; enabling MySQL 4.1/5.0 charset
   mode
   - Database wikidb exists
   - Creating tables... using MySQL 5 table defs...
   *Warning*: fopen(../maintenance/mysql5/tables.sql)
[function.fopen<http://localhost/wikitest/config/function.fopen>]:
   failed to open stream: No such file or directory in *C:\Program
   Files\xampp\htdocs\wikitest\includes\Database.php* on line *1913*
   Could not open "../maintenance/mysql5/tables.sql".