[Mediawiki-l] images won't show

Arjen Verweij arjen.verweij at gmail.com
Sun Oct 15 12:39:34 UTC 2006

I have found an ugly workaround. By setting:

$wgAllowExternalImages = true;

I can embed images in my wiki without needing any additional permissions.
The downside is that images are served "as is" without any scaling,
according to:

http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Help:Images_and_other_uploaded_files#Embedding_external_images

So I'm at least a bit closer without having to rely on IT, but I'm still
searching.

Regards,

Arjen