[Mediawiki-l] running PHP scripts in the command line

Ricardo Rodríguez - Your XEN ICT Team webmaster at xen.net
Sat Oct 14 11:11:48 UTC 2006

Hi all,

Luckily I've recently moved to a brand new Linux server to run Mediawiki. The Suse Linux Enterprise Server 9.0 is running XAMPP 1.5.4a including PHP 5.1.6 & 4.4.4. Release 5.1.6 is the startup option.

I've initially installed Mediawiki 1.7.1 updating now to 1.8.2. There is an AdminSettings.php file at /opt/lampp/htdocs/mediawiki.

It seems that php shell is not available or at least I am not able to find how to run  update.php.

Before moving to the proposed alternative, phpShell, please, could you point me in the right direction? Is it possible to run php scripts from the command line in such an installation?

Thank you so much for your help,

Ricardo

--
Ricardo Rodríguez