[Mediawiki-l] Getting lengthy Sleep commands on SQL

Domas Mituzas midom.lists at gmail.com
Sat Oct 14 06:40:37 UTC 2006

Hello Erik,

> I'm running Mediawiki (version 1.6.8) and yesterday I killed a
> "sleep" process initiated by the MediaWiki software in the
> MyphpAdmin which had been running for 8 hours.

It is sleeping child, probably hanging apache/php thread, so MySQL
does not close the connection. You may want to set wait_timeout to
lower values (say, 600). On the other hand, you may want to find out
why is it still connected (lsof, gdb, bt ;-)

--
Domas Mituzas -- http://dammit.lt/ -- [[user:midom]]