[Mediawiki-l] User / Group Access

Frederich, Eric P2173 eric.frederich at siemens.com
Fri Oct 13 18:13:49 UTC 2006

I understand that MediaWiki isn't designed to be used like this and I am
actually against locking things down.
I like different options you have to globally say...

Anybody can read or edit.
Anybody can read, you have to log in to edit (Our current set up)
You have to log in to read or edit.

It would be great if new pages created would have the global security by
default but you could also lock it down to any of the three mentioned
above as well as at the individual or group level.

I'm not sure that we care if there are ways to hack around the
permissions.  I don't see anybody doing that here.
What are some of the patches / extensions that allow for this kind of
control?