[Mediawiki-l] Custom hooks - how to control order of executed database query

Matthias Taugwalder matthias.taugwalder at gmail.com
Wed Oct 11 13:50:18 UTC 2006

Hi all

I'm using custom hooks to make modifications on an additional custom
database when specific events occur (like ArticleInsertComplete). The
database queries are executed through mediawiki's database methods.

But it seems that MediaWiki does change the execution order of select and
update queries in the background. For example I can't insert a new entry
into my database or make a modification, and then select this entry
afterwards.

Is there a way to control the execution order of queries (for example that
they are executed directly without caching)?

I also tried to implement my database operations using PHPs built-in mysql
functions, but then I have the problem that mediawiki can't connect to the
database (errors like "Unable to free MySQL result", etc.).

Does anyone have any ideas for a workaround?

Thanks in advance