[Mediawiki-l] Event driven MediaWiki

Šerých Jakub Serych at panska.cz
Wed Oct 11 09:26:59 UTC 2006

Is it possible to run some scripts on actions on MW? For example I have
created template {{Welcome|username}}. Until now I'm adding it manualy to the
discussion page of each new user (as there are necessary information how to
start using our MW, links to important user specific pages etc.).

But as the number of our potencial MW users is around one thousand, I would
like to automate the task and add the welcome template to the users
discussion page automaticaly whenever the new user registrates himself. Does
anybody know the solution?

Thanks

Jakub