[Mediawiki-l] Advanced Statistics

Jan Steinman Jan at Bytesmiths.com
Fri Oct 6 23:19:22 UTC 2006

> From: Bob DeSilets <desilets at isc.upenn.edu>
>
> I'm trying to find out some information about getting more advanced
> statistics on our local wiki installation.  Is anyone using modified
> code or a reporting package that can give additional information
> about the number of visitors, page views, etc?

That sort of info generally comes out of the server logs, rather than
from the wiki. There are many logfile analyzers out there, from free
to ridiculously expensive. A decent log analyzer should be able to
pull your wiki stats out from the general site stats -- or you can
grep the wiki hits out of your log and feed them to the analyzer
separately.

I've been using awstats, which is free.

:::: Don't anthropomorphize computers -- they hate it when you do that!
:::: Jan Steinman <http://www.Bytesmiths.com/Item/99-3024-31>