[Mediawiki-l] MediaWiki question re FileCache

Bassford, Chris BassfordC at ndu.edu
Fri Oct 6 00:52:58 UTC 2006

I'm running MediaWiki version 1.6.8 on a hosted UNIX server (the older version is because the server only runs PHP version 4.something). I want to use FileCache, but I don't think it's working--when I forced a refresh as a non-logged-in user, the counter still advanced (that's before I turned off the hit-counter). I can't find anything on this.

Here are the relevant lines from my LocalSettings.php file. I'm assuming that the first 3 lines actually are unrelated to the FileCache issue, right? In this version, should the last line (re UseGzip) be set to true?

## Shared memory settings
$wgMainCacheType = CACHE_NONE;
$wgMemCachedServers = array();

$wgUseFileCache = true;
$wgFileCacheDirectory = "/tmp/cwzwikicache";
$wgShowIPinHeader = false;
$wgUseGzip = false;