[Mediawiki-l] MySQL error - table does not exist

Leif Walsh adlaiff6 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 5 14:21:46 UTC 2006

Friends,

I have a mediawiki server running on my home computer, which has been
perfectly fine for the past month.  All of a sudden, I started getting the
following error whenever I try to upload a file:

A database query syntax error has occurred. This may indicate a bug in the
software. The last attempted database query was:

(SQL query hidden)

from within function "Title::isDeleted". MySQL returned error "1146: Table '
wikidb.mw_filearchive' doesn't exist (localhost)".

For some reason, updating text (editing a page) receives this:

A database query syntax error has occurred. This may indicate a bug in the
software. The last attempted database query was:

(SQL query hidden)

from within function "LinksUpdate::getExistingInterlangs". MySQL returned
error "1146: Table 'wikidb.mw_langlinks' doesn't exist (localhost)".

only after that error, if I check the page, the update actually did go
through.  I also, after a few retries, got one picture uploaded (even though
I got the same error).  It seems that the SQL server is screwing up and
throwing errors around, but somehow manages to work if the change is small
enough to occur quickly.  I've tried recompiling mediawiki and mysql and
neither have helped.  Also, using the mysql cli, "SELECT * FROM
mw_filearchive" told me the same thing--that it doesn't exist.

Help!
Leif Walsh