[Mediawiki-l] Email notification

Rick DeNatale rick.denatale at gmail.com
Wed Oct 4 20:23:47 UTC 2006

On 10/4/06, Trevor Harmon <trevor at vocaro.com> wrote:
> I'm the sysop of a small MediaWiki site (ghanawiki.info), and I'd
> like to receive an email notification of any page edit. (A daily
> digest is fine.)
>
> Looking at my preferences page, I see that "Email me on page changes"
> is enabled, but that's not happening. There was an edit by an
> anonymous user a couple weeks ago, but I never got an email about it.

The last time I looked at it, you only get notification when pages on
your watchlist are edited, and there's no way to automatically add
pages to your watchlist.

I'd like a similar function, I've got a wiki where I'm pretty much,
but now quite the sole contributor except for spammers.  It's not
updated frequently but I'd really like to know if it is, so that I can
check to see if something got past the spam trap, or to marvel at the
fact that someone made a valid contribution.

When I brought this up some time ago, the only advice I got was to use
the rss feed to monitor it, but I'm really looking for a completely
passive solution which would dump the notification in my mail which is
my main locus of attention.

--
Rick DeNatale