[Mediawiki-l] Uploading obscenely large files

Chris Earle cearle at cbltech.ca
Wed Oct 4 15:17:14 UTC 2006

Can someone confirm with me that I *have to* change my php.ini ?  Rather
than affect my entire server, I'd much rather just use ini_set in the
LocalSettings.php .....but that doesn't seem to be working!?

I have set memory_limit, post_max_size, and upload_max_filesize using
ini_set in the LocalSettings.php ...no change in trying to upload a 10mb
file.

shouldn't that command work?

suggestions appreciated,

Thanks