[Mediawiki-l] Image Scaling on Upload?

Sy Ali sy1234 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 3 17:47:08 UTC 2006

On 10/3/06, Jan Steinman <Jan at bytesmiths.com> wrote:
> I can accept the one-time hit of the initial upload, but don't want
> to have to re-size it every time a thumb is generated, or pump the
> whole thing over every time someone clicks on a thumb.

Justin is correct about the caching, so you won't have to worry about that.

Regarding clicking the thumbnail and getting a larger image .. there
is a user-preference (in the user profile) for that size.

I think that the new size of image will be automatically-generated the
first time it is requested.. I don't think it's generated
automatically at upload, although I could be wrong.