[Mediawiki-l] Image Scaling on Upload?

Jan Steinman Jan at Bytesmiths.com
Tue Oct 3 15:12:30 UTC 2006

Is there a quick and easy way to automagically re-size uploaded
images so they fit within some maximum size? If so, a quick "RTFM"
pointer is all I need.

I have a bunch of folks with 8 megapixel cameras who want to upload
images. They aren't sophisticated enough to re-size their images.
They're used to flikr.com (et. al.) websites that simply deal with it.

I can accept the one-time hit of the initial upload, but don't want
to have to re-size it every time a thumb is generated, or pump the
whole thing over every time someone clicks on a thumb.

I have ImageMagik installed and working.

Thanks for any thoughts or ideas!

:::: You must be the change you wish to see in the world -- Ghandi ::::
:::: Jan Steinman, http://www.EcoReality.org ::::