[Mediawiki-l] reseting mysql root password

Christian Lerrahn lists at penpal4u.net
Mon Oct 2 07:39:01 UTC 2006

Am Sun, 01 Oct 2006 20:06:02 +0100
schrieb Neil Jones <neil at nwjones.demon.co.uk>:

> I forgot my mysql root password on a system I am working on.
> I reset it without any trouble, but now the wiki won't work because it
> does not know the new password.

It is advisable not to use root for access to the wiki's database but
to set up a new user for that. Otherwise anybody who gains control over
your wiki, has control over your database server as well. As a change
of the root password broke the wiki, I assume that your wiki runs as
the database's root user.

Cheers,
Christian