[Mediawiki-l] Image Markup - How to disable the link to the image?

Eric K ek79501 at yahoo.com
Sun Oct 1 16:57:35 UTC 2006

Editing the Image template/Parser.php to include an
optional "Nolink" tag is a big task. I dont know how
to make the edits of that scale in the code.
I really wish this was an option. Sometimes we want to
put an image in the page (while using the [[Image:]]
code) but we dont want the image to link to anything.
It seems like the "Click Template" actually adds a
link on the image, is that right? I want to remove all
the links to the image.
I cant use the "nowiki" code eithers, thats not what I
want.

What I want simple is that the following:
[[Image:myimage50.jpg|NoLink]]
would produce an image that cant be clicked with the
mouse. Its just like a regular common image on the
web.
It looks like this is going to require extensive
editing on Parser.php so "NoLink" can be parsed just
like "left" or "thumb".

thanks
Erik

On 10/1/06, Eric K <ek79501 at yahoo.com> wrote:
>> Is there a way to disable the link to an image?
When I
>> write [[Image:myimage50.jpg]] on certain pages, I
dont
>> want the user to have his mouse change its hover
icon
>> and have a link to the image. This is not needed
for