[Mediawiki-l] Include HTML page

Matt Hucke hucke at cynico.net
Sun Oct 1 13:28:53 UTC 2006

You can modify a Wiki article programmaticly with Perl and
CMS::MediaWiki.  The latest release of this module includes a getPage()
function (which I contributed), and it has always had editPage().

my $lines = $wiki->getPage(title => '/foo');
foreach my $line (@$lines)
{
    ...edit stuff here...
}
$wiki->editPage (title => '/foo', text => join("\n", @$lines) );

On www.novaroma.org I use it to do a random daily image on the main
page.  The data file (a table of image locations and captions) is a wiki
page that any of our editors can modify as usual.  It is fetched and
parsed, with a random record selected, and from this the template that
provides random images for the main page is parsed.  Script is available
on request.

--
hucke at cynico.net - http://www.graveyards.com

"A cactolith is a quasihorizontal chonolith composed of anastomosing
ductoliths whose distal ends curl like a harpolith, thin like a
sphenolith, or bulge discordantly like an akmolith or ethmolith."
    (from _Geology and Geography of the Henry Mountains Region, Utah_)