[Mediawiki-l] installation/database problem

Damien Hull dhull at digitaloverload.net
Wed Nov 29 00:54:27 UTC 2006

It works!

Turns out it was a mistake on my part. The company hosting my website
was using MySQL 4. They added MySQL 5 a few weeks ago. To use a MySQL 5
database you need to set the "host" option to *localhost:/tmp/mysql5.sock.

*Now I can copy some config settings from my working MediaWiki site.
Once that's done the real work begins. I need to fill the Wiki with some
information.