[Mediawiki-l] Multiple page FAQ formatting

Andy Roberts aroberts at gmail.com
Tue Nov 28 12:30:47 UTC 2006

I'd be interested to hear anybody's thoughts on the best way to
construct a large FAQ in mediawiki.   I can see some advantage in
having lots of short pages, perhaps one Q  per page in terms of being
able to assign categories and create an automatic index that way. But
that makes it difficult to browse and scroll around when you're not
sure what you're looking for.

So I'm leaning towards having several long pages each containing related Q&As

The main index page would then link to these pages, but ideally would
also list just the titles from each of the Questions in the other
pages.

So I'd like to generate a kind of TOC for a set of pages, perhaps but
I can't see how to do that at present.

--
Andy Roberts

http://ukcider.co.uk/wiki