[Mediawiki-l] Icon in Wikipedia-Link & Printing a page

Roger Chrisman roger at rogerchrisman.com
Wed Nov 22 01:22:46 UTC 2006

mediawiki-1 at wikiplant.org wrote:
> And how can you define a page's print view?

I am no expert but have found that to change the look of a printed
MediaWiki page, I can customize commonPrint.css which is here:

      mediawiki-dir/skins/common/commonPrint.css

To quickly test my edits to commonPrint.css, I view a wiki page in
Firefox (with page cache set to 0) and look at its print preview,
Firefox: File > Print Preview

Note: Print Setup (margins and such) is controlled by each visitors own
browser preferences, such as in
Firefox: File > Page Setup...
which I believe a website has no controll over.

Roger :-)              http://wikigogy.org   -   free resources for
                 teachers of English as a second or foreign language