[Mediawiki-l] Behavior and configuration of searching

Jan 2036 at gmx.de
Tue Nov 21 18:53:15 UTC 2006

No regular expressions or wildcards
You cannot use regular expressions or wildcards such as ? or *. If you don't
know what that is, don't worry about it. To search for pages with the words
"boat" or "boats" search like this: "boat or boats".

Phrase
There is no method for searching for a phrase. Contrary to what you might
expect, enclosing phrases in double quotation marks such as "can of tuna" will
retrieve all pages containing "of" "tuna" and "can".

Source:
http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Search

Regards,
Jan