[Mediawiki-l] Default content in new pages?

Katharina Strohmeier strohmchen at arcor.de
Sun Nov 19 19:04:02 UTC 2006

Cheers,

I'm a MediaWiki-newbie and currently trying to set up a wiki as technical
background for an online dictionary. In doing so, I am left with a question
that I so far have not found any answer to.

Is there any way to define default content for new wiki pages that the user
CANNOT delete? That is, I'd like to introduce section headlines that should
be contained in every document of the dictionary. Ideally, if the user
starts a new page, he should see separate editor-windows below each section
headline instead of on big editor window.

If so far there is no way to realise this kind of thing in MediaWiki, can
anyone tell me if there's a way I can change the PHP-code in order to reach
my goal and point me to the right section of code in order to do so?

Thanks a lot for your help!

Katharina