[Mediawiki-l] Request for service: Upgrade Media Wiki from 1.4 to the latest version

Εκδόσεις ΜΑΤΖΕΝΤΑ - MAGENTA Publications panos at magenta.gr
Fri Nov 17 19:05:30 UTC 2006

My apologies if this is not the proper list for my post. I decided to post
here guided by this statement "mediawiki-l (or via Gmane) (or via your
newsreader) is the high-traffic mailing list to ask for support" at
http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Communication.
----

I need to upgrade my 1.4 installation to latest version. I'm willing to pay
for this service (at reasonable prices). What is the need:

Current installation runs on a Fedora Code 3 Linux Server with Media Wiki
1.4, MySql 4.x and php 4. Current Database Create Statement can be found at
http://www.magentadb.gr/ftp/temp/mw-14.create.txt. As you will notice, DB
and Tables collation is declared the wrong way, Latin1 instead of utf-8
because content is in Greek. Anyway, it is working properly but I suppose
consuming resources for no reason making text conversions all the time. I
did try several times to upgrade my self; I'm a middle skilled developer
with limited Media Wiki knowledge. Best result I ever had is a mixed
collation tables (Latin and utf-8) with links working properly but missed
all texts for articles having character "\" on title (1/4 of total
articles).

New Server run Ubuntu Linux Dapper, MySQL 5 and PHP 5. Ideal solution would
be a script converting current db to latest db structure (both DBs exist on
same MySQL 5). Alternatively, I can provide a user account and ssl
connection.

Anyone interest providing this service to me, please contact me directly
mailto:panos at magenta.gr or through the mail-list.

Thank you in advance for your attention.

Panagiotis Sidiropoulos