[Mediawiki-l] Using Google's solution for wiki on company intranet

Reynolds, Matt mreynolds at europe.ea.com
Thu Nov 16 14:41:21 UTC 2006

Hi

I have a couple of wikis running on my company's intranet and the IT
dept. is evaluating Google's software to index these wikis. We are
having a problem where Google is not indexing all the pages. On a test
wiki with just four pages, the main page or a page that is only linked
from the main page is not being indexed.  Do I need to do anything with
MediaWiki to aid Google? I assume all that is required is:

$wgGroupPermissions['*']['read'] = true;

The wiki does not have a robots.txt.

Has anyone used Google's solution for their intranet? Any tips I can
try?

Thanks,
Matt