[Mediawiki-l] Images Directory Protection

Dan Davis hokie99cpe+wiki at gmail.com
Wed Nov 15 21:33:54 UTC 2006

The Wiki I run is only for authorized users and requires authentication for
access to *all* pages. But, one area that slipped in under my radar is the
images directory. Has anyone done any work in the area of protecting that
directory with HTTP AUTH and tying it in with MediaWiki authentication? Or,
create an extension that will catch [[Media:]] links and serve the
images/documents via PHP instead of linking directly to the iamges
directory?

Dan